CETL is pleased to call for nominations for its awards that honor outstanding faculty contributions to the educational mission of Georgia Tech. Nominations open on October 15, 2015 and all nomination packets are due the first Monday of February. Further information about each award and details for the electronic submission of nomination packets can be accessed below. Award winners will be celebrated at the Faculty & Staff Honors Luncheon in April in the Student Center Ballroom.
See below for a full listing of CETL teaching awards for faculty as well as winners of last year's awards.
This award is open to any nominated full-time tenure-track faculty member who does not yet have tenure. Award recognizes teaching excellence, educational innovation, impact on student lives, and research / teaching connections.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2015 CETL/BP Award for Junior Faculty Teaching Excellence:
- Jeremy D. Ackerman, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering
- Grigoriy Blekherman, Assistant Professor, Mathematics
- Margaret E. Kosal, Assistant Professor, International Affairs
- Marius Florin Niculescu, Assistant Professor, Scheller College of Business
- Dong Qin, Associate Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
- John M. Smith, Assistant Professor, History, Technology, and Society
This award recognizes faculty who are improving the quality of education at Georgia Tech through pedagogical and curricular innovation. The award is open to full-time general faculty of any rank or a team of faculty who have implemented an innovation in their course or departmental curriculum.
Congratulations to the winner of the 2015 Curriculum Innovation Award:
- Tristan T. Utschig, Assistant Director, Office of Assessment
This annual Georgia Tech award recognizes genuine and substantial partnerships between the faculty and students of Georgia Tech and the K-12 community.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2015 Education Partnership Award:
- Jeannette Yen, Professor, Biology
- Justin Chaddick, Graduate Student, Biology
- Gilberte Pascal, Founding Principal, Kindezi Old Fourth Ward
This annual award recognizes faculty who provide outstanding teaching to students in core courses.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2015 Eichholz Faculty Teaching Award:
- Raghuram V. Pucha, Academic Professional, Mechanical Engineering
- Chrissy C. Spencer, Academic Professional, Biology
This award is for faculty who use their academic expertise to further the learning of K-12 students, teachers or other educational stakeholders of Georgia.
Congratulations to the winner of the 2015 Georgia Tech Faculty Award for Academic Outreach:
- Ellery D. Ingall, Professor, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
This award is open to full-time general faculty of any rank who have excelled in teaching in the laboratory. The "laboratory" can be broadly defined to include both traditional science labs and other formal courses that include experiential learning.
Congratulations to the winner of the 2015 Innovation and Excellence in Laboratory Instruction Award:
- Michael A. Dobbins, Professor of the Practice, City and Regional Planning
This award is open to full-time general faculty of any rank who increase student learning outside the traditional curriculum and help Georgia Tech achieve its strategic goal of graduating global citizens who can contribute to all sectors of society.
Congratulations to the winner of the 2015 Co-Curricular Innovation Award:
- Andreas S. Bommarius, Professor, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Mark R. Prausnitz, Regents Professor, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
This award is open to any nominated non-tenure track faculty member who holds a 75%-100% appointment, teaches undergraduate credit courses(s), and has completed at least two semesters in a qualifying position at Georgia Tech. The award recognizes outstanding contributions to undergraduate education.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2015 Undergraduate Educator Award:
- Shana C. Kerr, Academic Professional, Biology
- Michael A. Smith, Lecturer, Scheller College of Business