CETL is pleased to call for nominations for its awards that honor outstanding faculty contributions to the educational mission of Georgia Tech. All nomination packets are due the first Monday of February. Further information about each award and details for the electronic submission of nomination packets can be accessed below. A full listing of CETL teaching awards for faculty as well as winners of last year's awards can be found below:
This award is open to any nominated full-time tenure-track faculty member who does not yet have tenure. Award recognizes teaching excellence, educational innovation, impact on student lives, and research / teaching connections.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2013 CETL/BP Award for Junior Faculty Teaching Excellence:
- Julie Champion, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Shatakshee Dhongde, Economics
- Karen Head, Literature, Media, and Communication
- Manpreet Hora, Scheller College of Business
- Olivier Pierron, Mechanical Engineering
- Christopher Rozell, Electrical and Computer Engineering
This award recognizes faculty who are improving the quality of education at Georgia Tech through pedagogical and curricular innovation. The award is open to full-time general faculty of any rank or a team of faculty who have implemented an innovation in their course or departmental curriculum.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2013 CETL/BP Curriculum Innovation Award:
- Crystal Followill, Georgia Tech Language Institute
- Lauren Lukkarila, Georgia Tech Language Institute
- Karen Peterson, Georgia Tech Language Institute
This annual Georgia Tech award recognizes genuine and substantial partnerships between the faculty and students of Georgia Tech and the K-12 community.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2013 Educational Partnership Award:
- Baratunde Cola, Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- Dakotah Thompson, Georgia Tech Alumni, Mechanical Engineering
- Renee Gaither, Art Teacher, Tucker High School
- Kelly Voss, Science Teacher, Tucker High School
- Carol Colatrella, Professor, Language, Media, and Communication; Women, Science, and Technology
- Mary Lynn Realff, Associate Professor, Materials Science and Engineering; Women, Science, and Technology
- Mehran D'Souza, Undergraduate Student, Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Andrea Del Risco, Undergraduate Student, Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Lu Ling, Undergraduate Student, Biomedical Engineering
- Natalie Payne, Undergraduate Student, Biomedical Engineering
- Mercedes Shannon, Undergraduate Student, Business Administration
- Paula Herrema, Principal, Inman Middle School
- Candice Price, Science Teacher, Inman Middle School
This annual award recognizes faculty who provide outstanding teaching to students in core courses.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2013 Eichholz Faculty Teaching Award:
- Edwin Greco, Academic Professional, Physics
- Robert Kirkman, Associate Professor, Public Policy
This award is for faculty who use their academic expertise to further the learning of K-12 students, teachers or other educational stakeholders of Georgia.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2013 Georgia Tech Faculty Award for Academic Outreach:
Loren Williams, Professor, Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Michael Knotts, Principal Research Scientist, Georgia Tech Research Institute
- Jack Wood, Senior Research Scientist, Georgia Tech Research Institute
This award is open to full-time general faculty of any rank who have excelled in teaching in the laboratory. The "laboratory" can be broadly defined to include both traditional science labs and other formal courses that include experiential learning.
Congratulations to the winner of the 2013 Innovation and Excellence in Laboratory Instruction Award:
- Cara Gormally, Academic Professional, Biology
This award is open to full-time general faculty of any rank who increase student learning outside the traditional curriculum and help Georgia Tech achieve its strategic goal of graduating global citizens who can contribute to all sectors of society.
Congratulations to the winner of the 2013 Co-Curricular Innovation Award:
Kelly Comfort, Associate Professor, Modern Languages
This award is open to any nominated non-tenure track faculty member who holds a 75%-100% appointment, teaches undergraduate credit courses(s), and has completed at least two semesters in a qualifying position at Georgia Tech. The award recognizes outstanding contributions to undergraduate education.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2013 Undergraduate Educator Award:
Kristin Marsicano, College of Computing
Cianan Russell, Chemistry and Biochemistry